Throughout its existence, the aim of this site has been to provide a central point for customers to discover what produce is available in their locality, how and where and by whom it is produced, and how it may be obtained. Currently being rebuilt on an advanced platform, the site will offer many improvements with an approach that ensures information is up to date and accurate. Farmers' Markets in Wale's core philosophy is the fostering of collaborative networks that support more localised food chains.
The site focus:
- Assistance for local producers to sell their produce direct to the final customer using a variety of methods e.g. at markets, online or home delivery, direct from the farm (premises) etc.
- the fostering of a greater understanding of the source and nature of local produce
- to minimize the environmental impact of production and distribution.
- to support the local economy
- to contribute to the well being of local communities.
Producers, markets and farm shops wishing to be listed will need to register an account.
The latest Covid 19 restrictions and advice from the Welsh Government.