Welcome to this website for a Farmers' Market which had its origins as far back as 1998. The market offers many unique features not commonly found in conventional food retailing best summarized in the original objectives.
- The market to provide for local producers to sell their produce direct to the final customer
- The market to be in common ownership with revenues sufficient for long term sustainability.
- the fostering of a greater understanding of the source and nature of the produce at the market
- to minimize the environmental impact of production and distribution.
- to support the local economy
- to provide a social dimension for farmers often operating in isolated circumstances.
- to contribute to the well being of the local community.
For the latest news, about how the coronavirus pandemic is effecting how the market operates, please see this link
Orders may be placed for collection at the market which also has produce displayed for direct purchase. Please see the protocols for how to minimize the risk of transmitting infection.
Saturday 16th January 2021 9.00 am - 10.30.am
The following producers have confirmed their booking: please check for updates prior to each market.
Click on the date to see the list for each market.
The following procedures must be observed.
On arrival at the Memorial Hall Car park:
- Producers vehicles will be spaced out around the perimeter of the car park.
- There will be a clockwise flow of traffic with each customer displaying a clear sign of who they are so that the producers can identify the relevant order.
- Customers are advised to open their boots on arrival in order for the producer to place the products directly into the car.
- There will be pedestrian customers. Great care must be taken for their safety with a slow and patient clockwise progression around the car park.
- The exchange with walking customers must be conducted so that a 2m clearance is maintained throughout.
- Long queues of traffic in the access roads must be avoided and should the car park become congested please go around again, or wait at a convenient place close by.
- Please close your boot before leaving the car park.
- Each producer will provide a table for pedestrian customers to collect their orders.
- Producers offering products for direct sale:
- Each producer must arrange the display in order that social distancing can be maintained throughout the transaction.
- Products must not be handled by customers.
- The use of cash should be actively discouraged, but if there is no alternative, methods to avoid direct handling must be devised. i.e. placing the exact amount of payment in a clearly marked envelope, (the amount and your name) The virus can remain active for up to three days on surfaces.